Translate

Saturday, November 10, 2012

What keeps me going

The assignment this week was to post anything that fuels my passion for early childhood education. Here are some of the things that fuel me.
When a child runs into class in the morning to tell me that she has a playdate after school.
When a child does up the zipper on his coat for the first time by himself and gives me a big smile cause now he's "big" boy.
When a child who came to me speaking no English puts together his first sentence.
When a child asks me what I'm doing, while watching me write on a paper, and understands that I'm joking when I reply that I'm peeling a banana.
Watching my students grow, develop, explore, make friends and achieve goals.
These are small things to some, but to my students and me, these are everyday reasons to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment