Translate

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Code of Ethics

From the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct I chose:

To create and maintain safe and healthy settings that foster children's social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development and that respect their dignity and their contributions.

This is important to me because many children who come to me have recently experienced a big change such as moving to a new country. The family is often isolated at the beginning. For these children and families as well as the ones who have been here longer, it is important for the classroom and the school to be safe and predictable. 

2 comments:

  1. I like this code because maintaining a safe and healthy setting is important for the growth of the child. When you as an educator have a room that is full of resources that will enhance each childs knowledge and provide things that they like, I feel they will be successful and excited about learning becasue they have a variety of things to chose from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all of the contributions you have made. You provided great resources that I can share with parents and my colleagues. I wish you all the best in your future.

    ReplyDelete