Translate

Friday, December 18, 2015

Reflecting on Learning (EDUC 6358 J Erno)

       My most passionate hope for my future as an early childhood educator is that I will make a positive difference in the lives of the children who pass through my class. I hope that after they have learned with me they will be more accepting of differences. I hope they will know that we share commonalities as well as differences. The children who learn with me should be able to recognise injustice and work to make it more just. Even small steps will eventually lead to big change. In the media segment this week Olsen Edwards (2011) says that we all made a choice to become an anti-bias teacher. The journey will bring joys and frustrations but ultimately the challenges faced will bring rewards to us and to the children and families we serve.

       As this is the end of this course I want to say thank you to all of you who have shared this part of the journey with you. The discussions we've had have helped me to clarify and refine my thinking and ideas. Your support has been welcome. I hope that your journey continues and that you reach your goals.

References

Laureate Education, Inc. (2011). Strategies for working with diverse children: Your commitment to anti-bias work. Baltimore, MD: Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment