Translate

Saturday, October 24, 2015

What I Have Learned (EDUC 6357)

One hope that I have when I think about working with diverse families and children is that they will grow up to be more accepting of differences. I hope that by exposing them to a variety of people in a variety of ways they will see the benefits we get from having many types. I hope that teaching them how to express interest and wonder without being rude will help them to relate to others in society and will give them tools to deal with new and unexpected situations.

One goal that I have for the early childhood field is to continue to push for quality education for all children. Although there are many problems with the No Child Left Behind legislation in the states, the sentiment behind it is sound. All children deserve a good start in life. It is the responsibility of society to help them achieve this.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank my colleagues in this class for your support and comments throughout the last 8 weeks. Your thoughts and ideas have pushed me to think more and harder about different aspects of diversity. Through the discussions I have broadened my views on diversity, equity and anti-bias education. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment