Translate

Friday, January 9, 2015

Great communicator (EDUC 6165)


Someone that I feel is a very effective communicator is a radio host and author called Stuart McLean. He hosts a program on Canada's public radio station called The Vinyl Cafe about music and life. The show is often taken on the road as well. Although I've never seen him, on the radio I imagine the rapport he has with his live audience. He tells stories throughout the show and his cadence is compelling. You want to know what happens even when nothing much is happening. He is modest and gentle when he is speaking. You feel as if he is speaking directly to you. I aspire to have the same kind of rapport with the children in my class.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer, I have never heard of this radio personality, but I will have to look him up. I love to hear life stories because i usually glean information from them. I love to hear family history. My grandad tells us stories of his youth and that of our great grands. I am interested to hear with this host and author has to say. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete